Guestpost: Madeline Quaint

August 29, 2011

Hello Dear Readers of The Ginger Diaries! I’m Madeline blogging over at Madeline Quaint, and I couldn’t have been happier when Nikki asked me to fill in for her while she’s visiting The Big Apple! For one thing, she’s such a lovely, kind, welcoming blogger with great sense of humour and of course, style, she’s also a fellow redhead! Redhead bloggers unite! :)

PICT0022ca3s

So you already know my name, but what is my style like? Well, the most important thing is that dressing up is a constant source of inspiration for me. I don’t know about you, but my mood is always influenced by what I wear, so I always try to dress in a way that would make me feel good – happy, romantic, nostalgic, adventurous, creative...

Therefore I’m always on the lookout for strange and original pieces of clothing as well as simple but well cut basics, that can be combined in a comfortable and generally cheerful way. I’m a huge advocate of handmade, locally bought clothes and accessories, as well as second hand shopping, the best places to find treasures for your wardrobe!

PICT0039ca2s

This interesting jacket-like garment came with a handmade dress I bought at a market more than 10 years ago. I hardly ever wear it, still I can’t seem to part with it. It has the air of long gone days, and it reminds me of Venice, of light reflected in the canals and echoing cobblestoned streets… I got the simple black dress from H&M, and it’s the perfect blank canvas for making such a quirky piece wearable in the asphalt jungle of a 21st century metropolis. (If you can call Budapest a metropolis!)

PICT0046ca2s

Sleeves rolled up and collar tucked in, I felt like a Venetian lady transported in time, and that's a feeling I really like, and not treated to very often. Mission accomplished! I’m definitely not getting rid of this jacket anytime soon!

PICT0026ca3s

Thank you for reading my guestpost! Curtsey! :) 

Wearing: 
Overdress: handmade, bought at a market, Dress: H&M, Sandals: Bata, Bag: second hand, 
Necklace: Promod, Leather cuff: handmade from Jojó Art Shop, 
Rings: Promod and a handmade one from Jojó Art Shop.

31 comments:

  1. I think it's a great outfit for traveling. The plaid a personal favorite, and the dress looks like it would be great for packing and not wrinkling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and I like your "redheads unite" comment. Very cute, i think leopard print is one of my favorite trends this season. Nice post.

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome jacket. It makes me wonder how many times I've walked past something like that because I couldn't imagine wearing it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw wow that's awesome!i guess a good quality cloth is just timeless!and that one is really chic and stylish!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that 'overcoat', Madeleine! It's so Pride and Prejudice I'm swooning a little!

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    talking blogger bullying

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling dress! It is almost like a long dress-like cardigan. Its warm camel-ish color is so ready for this fall season. :)
    I hear many people shop secondhand but not a lot of people I know shop locally. I should definitely look more into that. Great guest post!

    http://forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing ♥ & You write very good, I really like your style.

    Great vest, I like the story behind it.

    XO, Imke

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveee that coat so much! <3


    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    http://flashesofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. That coat is fabulous and so is your styling. Those necklaces are just perfection, M!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is SOOO adorable!! love the vintage vibe =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cool jacket! I've never seen anything like it. I am really loving her shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look lovely the jacket is very original !

    kisses
    hannah
    http://elegantesque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post. This jacket is interesting. The buttons at the waist give it a nice shape and the fall of the skirt section is lovely. It definitely has a Venetian feel about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS!! love it :)

    xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post, love the over dress!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a cool vest!
    looks vintage the whole look
    and LOVEIT

    New outfit post - Lace dress
    www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the overdress/jacket!
    Love, Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like your style!

    http://choccopost.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful coat! Love how you style it! So chic.

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh wat een leuke stijl je hebt! leuke foto's x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the overdress!! looks great with your hair :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love the overdress..it's totally fab!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You did a great job with the overdress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to make my day!